Monday, September 28, 2009

Prehistory Time Line

We've begun work on a prehistory time line so that we have a visual aid for reviewing the information we've learned so far in our studies.  I scoured the internet looking for ideas and found very little.  It seems that most homeschoolers teach from a creationist perspective and I was looking for an evolutionary perspective.  I finally found what I was looking for at funschooling.net.  Combining that with pictures from Nova's The Missing Link: A Brief History of Life gave us the base for our timeline.

Pictures of our time line are coming soon.

I'm thinking about rounding out our studies with a recipe from the free online Geologic and Paleontologic Cookbook from Kentucky Geological Survey.

Other links you might find useful:
Satori Smiles (blog) Prehistory post
National Geographic Prehistoric Time Line: Rise of Life
Universe Timeline

No comments: