Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ancient Greece

I apologize for my long absence; the holidays are always very busy.

We're finally into our studies of Ancient Greece and the boys are so excited!  We've only been at it for a week and already I've finished the first three books in Mary Pope Osborne's Tales from the Odyssey series.  Once I start reading the boys just won't let me stop!  :-)  I wish our library carried all six of the series, but unfortunately they only have these three.

Books We Read:
 Pegasus by Jane Yolen
The Librarian Who Measured the Earth by Kathryn Lasky  
The Children's Homer  by Padraic Colum
Tales from the Odyssey #1: The One-Eyed Giant by Mary Pope Osborne
Tales from the Odyssey #2:  The Land of the Dead by Mary Pope Osborne
Tales from the Odyssey #3: Sirens and Sea Monsters by Mary Pope Osborne

Links:
PASS World History Part 1 - Unit 5: Ancient Greece Part A  Part B

On the Shores of the Great Sea by M.B. Synge, we are beginning with the chapter "The Story of Carthage"
Digging Up Greece printable game by Ellen McHenry (we're saving this for the logic stage)

No comments: