Thursday, October 1, 2009

Geography

I have geography on the brain today.  I've found some really great resources in the last few weeks and I have to share them.

The first resource is a set of pdf files titled Growing Up Around the World.  Each file has a list of books depicting life in various countries around the world.  Every continent is covered with the exception of Antarctica (for obvious reasons...LOL.)  The US isn't covered, either, as the list is intended to give American children an accurate picture of what life is like for children in other countries around the world.

The second resource is National Geographic Maps.  Lots of neat things there.

Third is one that is a big favorite with my son.....the Kidsgeo.com Map Match online game. 

Oops, I have to run!  I'll be back to add more later.

No comments: