Thursday, October 29, 2009

Organizing and Checklists

I love Ambleside Online, but I have found organizing all of the information to make it usable for our family to be a bit of a headache.  I finally created a bunch of checklists for Year 1 and shared them in a previous blog entry.  I also created a checklist for the Formidable List of Attainments For a Child of Six and shared it in a separate blog entry.  Lastly, this literature list from Higher Up and Further In (which she has since moved to Charlotte Mason Help) has been a huge help!

What I have done is to print off a copy of Lindafay's Higher Up and Further In booklist, which was originally a list of Ambleside Online's suggestions.  I 3-hole punched the list and put it in a folder like this:

 

Then I created my own little key and wrote in on the first page, like this:




 

In a separate folder, I placed all of the checklists I created (and linked to above) with the Daily/Weekly checklist placed inside a page protector in the front so I can use a dry-erase marker on it.



The other pages follow, for example:




Now, whenever I want to peruse the used bookstores I can take along my booklist folder so I buy the things we need.  And when we accomplish a task or finish a book we can check it off of our list.

No comments: