Friday, January 15, 2010

Planning Next Year

Next year Nik will most likely be reported as a second grader.  It's time to start finalizing plans and getting my shopping lists in order so I can spend my spring and summer in the garden instead of sitting inside and planning!

Most of my shopping will be done at Amazon and Rainbow Resource.  I'll update with links later.  Right now I need to get to the post office!

Math 
MEP (free, but requires paper and ink/toner for printing)
Singapore Math (Standards Edition)
     Textbook 2A ($11.95)
     Workbook 2A ($11.25)
     Home Instructor's Guide 2A ($16.80)

Reading
books of his choice
Explode the Code 4, 5, 6 ($6.75 each


Copywork/Grammar/Spelling
Classical Writing Primer
Cursive First (I'm still trying to decide whether to use this or not.)

Literature
selections from Ambleside Online’s Year 1 and 2 lists

History
SOTW 2 + Activity Book


Science
R.E.A.L. Science Odyssey: Earth & Space
Nature study from Classical Writing Primer

Music/Composer Study 

Visual Arts/Picture Study

No comments: